Best Bras for Nurses When Wearing Scrubs
Any nurse can tell you about how exhausting a super-long shift can be. Staying comfortable as you dash from patient to patient is of utmost importance -- your bra included. An ill-fitting bra can make just about any hospital shift seem unbearable, let alone the super hectic ones. There’s simply no time to adjust straps and hooks, and all that walking can certainly work up a sweat.
What are the best bras for nurses? Read on to discover what attributes to look for, in addition to a few of our top choices when it comes to a great bra for nurses.
What Bras Do Nurses Wear?
When working a long shift, it’s not only important – but necessary – to wear garments that will allow you to be comfortable and feel supported while constantly on the move. This includes shoes, clothing, and what you wear under scrubs, bra included.
Here are some qualities to look for when shopping for the best bra for nurses:
- No underwire. You may think, why not underwire? But, have you ever had your underwire break mid-shift? It’s not ideal, to say the least. Underwire can be extremely irritating when it shifts or breaks. Therefore, you’re better off without it.
- Support. One of the most important qualities to look for is support. As a nurse, your job is highly active. Make sure that your bra can support all the activity you do.
- Comfort. There’s nothing comfortable about being on your feet all day, so the least you can do is find a bra that makes it all worthwhile. Soft fabric and plenty of stretch are just a few of the qualities to look for when it comes to a comfortable bra to wear on the job.
- Seamless. Scrubs are often made of a lightweight fabric and can be tighter fitting. You’d be surprised to see just how obvious your underwear lines may be in your scrubs! A seamless bra with no lace on the cups or band can help minimize this appearance while on the job.
- Moisture-wicking. Emergencies call, and you have to break out into a full sprint to the patient’s side. Once you get there, you’re definitely a little sweaty. This is why you need a bra that will not only keep the sweat off your skin, but also help ensure it won’t make its way onto your clothing.
The Best Go-To Bras For Nurses
Luckily, there are plenty of bra options available for those shifts where you don’t have a spare moment to focus on how your bra is, well, holding up. You just need to know what you’re prioritizing as you shop. Here are a few of the qualities you should look for in the best bra you can wear to work.
When you’re a nurse, a typical workday can feel like running a marathon. It only makes sense that sports bras are a common go-to. Not only are they super comfortable, but they also are sweat-wicking, making them a great option for all the back and forth you’re doing all day (or all night).
One of our absolute favorites is the Paige Wrap Front Sports Bra. The Paige features a power mesh detailing that’s ultra-breathable, and the wire-free cups provide great support without running the risk of breaking or coming loose. The removable modesty pads and adjustable straps add even more fine-tuning, so unlike ordinary sports bras that pull over your head, you can find the perfect fit with the Paige. What’s even better is that this doesn’t look like your average sports bra -- the Paige bra features a plunging neckline that you wouldn’t expect from a performance garment.
While you may be used to your ordinary underwire bra, once you go wire-free, you may question why you haven’t made the change sooner. Ditch irritation and discomfort -- go with a bra that provides all that support without needing to add metal into the mix. All of AnaOno bras are made underwire-free for that reason: No matter your size or circumstances, wire-free keeps you comfortable without sacrificing support day in and day out.
Front Closure Bras
If you’re looking for a bra with added support and easy access, a front-closure bra is going to be your best option. Say goodbye to the pinchy back straps and hello to added comfort, high impact, and a little lift.
The Bianca bra is our go-to recommendation when it comes to front closure. With six frontal clips, you’ll feel snug and supported for those days when you’re constantly on the move. This bra also features mesh in the back for extra breathability, modesty pads, and adjustable straps for additional comfort.
Bras With Minimal Embellishment
Depending on the type of scrubs you wear, oftentimes these garments can be a little see-through because of their light material and a little tight-fitting as well. That means that any embellishments or details on your bra may show some bumps around your boobs. It’s best to opt for bras with minimal embellishment -- avoiding lace, added details, and plunging lines that may peek through the fabric. Not only is it more practical to wear seamless bras with less detail and decoration, but it’ll also be a hundred times more comfortable too.
Find Your New Favorite Work Bra At AnaOno
At AnaOno, we believe in bras that work for you. Don’t believe a uni-boob sports bra is your only choice, or that you’re stuck with underwear that resembles scaffolding with all the wire and structure. Made with soft, breathable fabric, no wires, and adjustability where it counts, all AnaOno bras fit your unique shape and needs, including completing a full nursing shift in comfort.
Every woman deserves to find a bra that’ll support them while looking and feeling right. Shop our website to find the best bra to fit all your needs.