Chemo: the one main ‘cancer thing’ we all probably knew about before we even got cancer. When your oncologist told you about your chemotherapy treatment plan, it was probably pretty hard to imagine the types of side effects you would have and how they would affect you. Aside from the obvious hair loss, you probably weren’t anticipating the foggy chemo brain, fatigue, weakness, neuropathy,nausea…the list goes on and on. You knew you were in for some changes, but you probably didn’t think you'd feel this sick and uncomfortable following your treatments.
We know firsthand the harsh effects of chemo, and just how difficult it can be to get through treatment and still feel like you have control over your body. We believe that being comfortable is the number one priority when going through tough treatments. You deserve to feel as pampered as possible. At AnaOno, we have the perfect bras for every single stage of treatment and recovery you go through, and the chemotherapy phase is no exception. Get to know a few of our favorite ultra-soft, super-cozy styles designed specifically for you so you can feel your most comfortable while sitting in that treatment chair.
What Is Chemotherapy?
We’ve all heard of it, and have probably seen tons of pictures of people who have suffered from the hair loss it inflicts. According to the American Cancer Society,“not all women with breast cancer will need chemo, but there are several situations in which chemo may be recommended:
- After surgery (adjuvant chemotherapy):Adjuvant chemo might be given to try to kill any cancer cells that might have been left behind or have spread but can't be seen. Adjuvant chemo can lower the risk of breast cancer coming back.
- Before surgery (neoadjuvant chemotherapy): Neoadjuvant chemo might be given to try to shrink the tumor so it can be removed with less extensive surgery. Because of this, neoadjuvant chemo is often used to treat cancers that are too big to be removed by surgery when first diagnosed.”
Anna in the super-soft, lacey Delilah Bralette
How To Stay Comfortable During Chemo
Let’s be honest: chemo SUCKS. There’s no getting around the hair loss and other horrible side effects, but there are a few things you can do to make sure you stay as comfortable as possible throughout your treatment. You’re going through a really tough treatment, so make sure to give yourself extra love while going through it.
- If you’re getting an infusion at the hospital, wear cute, loose-fitting tops that help you feel both put together and at ease at the same time. Our favorite? Silky button down tops like thisone.
- After treatment, schedule something special as a reward for getting through something hard. Maybe it’s a mani/pedi, or massage, an in-store makeover at Sephora, or a fancy lunch or dinner with your girlfriends. No matter what you do, make sure it brings you joy and makes you feel you most relaxed. It will also give you something to look forward to after each treatment!
- Wear super-pretty, luxuriously-soft lingerie under your top to put a little extra pep in your step for treatment day. We know from experience that a great bra and underwear set can make you feel a little bit more invincible!
Best Bra For Chemotherapy
While there may not be any scientific data that proves our latter theory that good lingerie = invincibility (yet!), we still firmly believe that wearing the right lingerie can make a HUGE difference throughout your entire treatment protocol. We have an incredible selection of super luxe modal bras that are suited specifically to ease the burden and discomfort of chemo. One of our all-time favorites is the Molly Bra.
The Molly Bra is extra soft, and will keep you cozy throughout every treatment.
The Molly offers plush, custom comfort that's both breathable and flexible. This bra is never restrictive, will stretch and move with your body, and works in perfect unison with your body no matter what kind of breast surgery you’ve had. The buttery softmodal fabric not only soothes your incisions areas, but is comfy enough to wear during long infusions at the hospital. Not only is this style comfy AF, it’s cute enough to help you feel brave as you get through your treatment day. It pairs beautifully with your favorite silky top, and will empower you to feel your best before, during and after chemo. The adjustable straps provide an extra component of coziness and will keep you feeling supported all day long! This boob-inclusive bra can be worn whether you have two boobs, one boob or no boobs at all!
Chemo and the side effects suck, but we believe that wearing something pretty, silky, soft and flirty will help you feel like the best version of yourself while you get through your treatment.