When it comes to finding a comfortable bra, especially post-surgery or after a mastectomy, we know it's all about finding a super-soft bra. But what makes one post-mastectomy bra style soft versus other wire-free bra styles that are ridiculously, outrageously and HEAVENLY soft?
Ultra-rich, smooth and dream soft, Modal is the ultimate fabric for post-mastectomy bras or radiation bras. Jersi wears The Molly Bra in Ivory, our super soft t-shirt bra.
2. The Monica Bra, also a new modal mastectomy bra, offers the most comfortable, full-coverage support. It's so soft, you won't even know you have it on! This style is great for fuller busts since it has a slightly higher neckline compared to our plunging bras. It's super-supple on sensitive skin and is pocketed to accommodate breast forms, a prosthesis or F(OO)Bs. It's sure to become your go-to for everyday barely-there wear both during recovery and long after you've healed.
The brand new, Molly Bra is our creamy, dreamy brand new modal style.
3. The Front Closure Bra was voted Best Post-Mastectomy Bra by InStyle Magazine and is the all-around favorite wire-free front-closure recovery bra. It offers an ideal fit and feel while you recover from breast surgery, including single or double mastectomy, and is a go-to for those looking for a comfortable, wire-free, super-soft everyday front-closure bra. It can even be worn beyond recovery thanks to its timeless, chic design. Nursing mothers and those with limited mobility from heart surgery, shoulder surgery or another major procedure also love the ease of the front-closure design. This universal style suits various breast surgery types, including reconstruction, flat and au natural. This is one of our most popular picks for caregivers looking to provide support for a breast cancer patient, survivor, thriver or previvor.
With adjustable straps, The Monica is as versatile as it is comfortable! A go-to for full coverage and modest support after breast surgery, mastectomy or radiation.
4. The Leslie Bra is a comfortable post-mastectomy lounge bra style for your rest days, everyday or even a light workout. The design features sporty mesh panels that provide breathability and light support with double-layer super soft modal. It is stretchy enough to step into it and comes pocketed to accommodate your favorite prosthetics or AnaOno Breast Forms. It looks amazing on flat, unilateral, reconstructed, DIEP flap F(oo)Bs and those who've had a lumpectomy or radiation. We designed the Leslie because we all deserve something soft, comfortable and beautiful. Trust us, you'll treasure this bra as soon as you feel the super-soft modal against your skin.
"Very soft and extremely comfortable... I do not feel as if I am wearing anything and that's a big deal after a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction!" -Anonymous Fan of The Front Closure
5. The Delilah Bra is the perfect everyday bra that is feminine, flirty and fun. It is easy to pullover, pocketed and comes with removable modesty pad for a super-smooth finish. This wire-free post-mastectomy bralette made of modal and stretch lace has convertible and adjustable straps so you can customize your fit. Ideal for double and single mastectomies, breast reconstruction, DIEP flap F(OO)Bs or unilateral and flat with breast forms, the Delilah is also the best sleep bra for other breast surgeries, such as augmentation, reduction and lifts.
"This is the first comfortable bra I've had in years! The fabric is incredibly soft. The wide band at the bottom doesn't dig into my tissue. I have a huge rib cage so finding something that fits and doesn't gouge me in the ribs is difficult. This is the only bra I can wear all day. I would love these even if I hadn't had surgery." -Caroline
6. The Kiku Bra is sexy, cool and virtually undetectable under your essential dark and neutral tops. The mesh panels add that extra dash of flair you want in a flirty T-shirt bra and gives you that demi bra silhouette. However, it's also wire-free, so you can feel comfortable instead of restricted. The Kiku is great for those who have had mastectomies, breast reconstruction or DIEP flap surgeries.
"This is THE softest most comfortable bra I've ever had and is very pretty too. Like a cloud hugging me.' -Sharon
7. The Wrap Front Wire-free Cami is the perfect addition (and alternative) to your post-mastectomy bra options and is a comfortable option for easy dressing and layering. This gorgeous, practical shelf-camisole will leave you feeling confident and your body looking beautiful. Versatile enough to wear in the boardroom, bar and bedroom, it can keep you comfortable during recovery as well as years after you heal. It's a stunning choice if you're recovering from a mastectomy, lumpectomy, reconstruction or other breast surgery.
"Best. Bra. Ever. This bra is so comfortable you don't feel like you are wearing anything!"-Robin
"I lived in this robe for the weeks following my mastectomy. The fabric is soft and stretchy so that the robe is never pulling against your skin or binding you. Now that my drains are gone, I've removed the belt and am wearing this robe as a regular house robe." -J
Comments will be approved before showing up.
At AnaOno we love sharing information with our community when the information can help with successful treatment, recovery and wellbeing. Artist, parent, philanthropist and BRCA1 previvor Samantha Paige follows up her popular guest post about her explant decision, with her Last Cut process, a six-step decision-making framework.