How To Find The Best Bra After Breast Reduction
Searching for the perfect bra is already a pain in the you-know-what, and adding post-surgical support needs into the mix just makes a tough process even harder to navigate. You may ask yourself,What do I even need to look for in a post-breast reduction surgery bra?Don’t worry, we got you covered. Read on to discover the best qualities to search for and our favorite AnaOno post-surgery bras to support your new size.
Finding the perfect bra after a breast reduction involves taking a few new things into account. These include:
- No underwire. Not only are wire-free bras 100 times more comfortable, but they also won’t cause irritation. This is especially important if you have scars, as underwire can lay against them uncomfortably and even cause pain.
- A secure, tight fit. A tight-fitting bra restricts breast movement, assists in positioning your breasts, and provides a tight compression which can reduce swelling, especially in the weeks after your procedure.
- Adjustability.Bras are not an all-size-fits-all situation, and chances are you’re going to have to make a few small tweaks to get that perfectly secure and tight fit. After all, a bra should fit your body, versus trying to make your body fit the bra. Adjustable straps and closures help tremendously here, especially because you need to pay careful attention to your secure, tight bra fit in the weeks after your surgery.
- Support.After surgery, you’ll need extra support as your breasts heal. Finding a bra that offers that support will keep your breasts lifted and in place as you recover.
- Ultra-comfy fabric.It’s essential to purchase a bra with high-quality, breathable, and comfortable fabric to keep you comfortable. One fabric to opt for ismodal: It’s super soft, cool to touch, and is moisture-wicking, perfect for the sensitive skin you may experience after surgery.
How Long Do I Need To Wear A Compression Bra After a Breast Reduction?
After your surgery, you’re going to need to wear a compression bra for quite some time to help promote healing. You will get specific instructions from your surgeon, but expect to wear a compression bra most of the time, if not around the clock, for anywhere from two weeks to six weeks after the procedure.
When Can I Go Braless After A Breast Reduction?
You can typically go without a bra after six to eight weeks. Since everyone’s body is different, for some women, it may take longer to heal than others. Make sure to speak with your doctor to confirm when you can go braless after a breast reduction.
The Best AnaOno Bras To Wear After A Breast Reduction
Your new breasts will have different support and coverage needs than you did pre-surgery. Here are our favorite bras to wear after a breast reduction.
1. Bianca Bra
If you were given the choice between a regular bra and a sports bra, you may not go for “uniboob” sports bra, but the Bianca Bra keeps you lifted, separated,andsupported. The Bianca holds you in place without digging straps. Featuring light padding, adjustable racerback straps, and front hook-and-eye closures, you’ll feel secure whether you’re still a few weeks post-recovery or you’re leaping right back into your daily yoga routine.
2. Monica Bra
Perfect for running errands, working out, or lounging around with your family, the Monica Bra is designed for your everyday adventures without skipping out on the support you need. This full-coverage bra is casual, comfortable, and supportive with its light padding, thick adjustable straps, and ultra-soft modal fabric. The Monica Bra is so comfortable that you’ll forget you even have it on!
3. Rora Bra
If there’s one bra that’ll get you through your post-surgery recovery smoothly, it’s the Rora Recovery Front Closure Bra. This doctor-recommended bra features a front-closure design that makes it easy to take on and off while you’re recovering. The back bridge offers additional support under your arms and between your shoulders, while the super-soft modal feels luxurious against your sensitive skin. If you want a high-quality, post-surgery bra, you’ve found it with the Rora Bra.
Shop the Rora Front Closure Bra
4. Gloria Soft Lace Bralette
The Gloria Bra is the perfect combination of flirty, feminine, and practical for your post-procedure needs. Named one of the best post-surgery bras of 2021 by Healthline, this bra features fully-lined soft cups, adjustable straps, and a supportive four-hook back closure. Additionally, this bra has breast form pockets if ever needed. All these design details guarantee that the Gloria Bra provides the utmost comfort and support after your procedure, without giving up on feeling sexy.
5. Miena Robe and Drain Management Belt
The Miena Robe was thoughtfully designed to wear after recovery and long after you’ve healed. The robe includes a hidden inner belt and pouch system that keeps your drains organized, if your surgeon placed these after your breast reduction surgery. The Miena robe is made with an unbelievably comfortable and breathable modal that glides over sensitive skin, while the open front classic robe design is simple to slip in and off -- no need to reach your hands over your head.
Find Your Best Post-Reduction Garments With AnaOno
Long after recovery, your breasts still need to be supported, comfortable and cared for. This is why AnaOno has designed a line specifically for your post-surgical needs. From underwire-free bras to gorgeous (and comfy!) recovery clothing, this collection prioritizes support and comfort, while also providing modern, sleek design elements. Check out AnaOno’s post-surgical bras to explore more options.